Index - FAQ - Rechercher - Membres - Groupes - S’enregistrer - Messages PrivésConnexion
The World Remade America In World War I

Poster un nouveau sujet   Répondre au sujet    NFS Index du Forum -> La trésorerie -> Votre trésorier a aussi son bureau!
Sujet précédent :: Sujet suivant  
Auteur Message
berjalai

MessagePosté le: Lun 3 Juil - 15:42 (2017)   Répondre en citant

A bracing, indispensable account of America’s epoch-defining involvement in the Great War, rich with fresh insights into the key issues, events, and personalities of the period

After years of bitter debate, the United States declared war on Imperial Germany on April 6, 1917, plunging the country into the savage European conflict that would redraw the map of the continent—and the globe. The World Remade is an engrossing chronicle of America’s pivotal, still controversial intervention into World War I, encompassing the tumultuous politics and towering historical figures that defined the era and forged the future. When it declared war, the United States was the youngest of the major powers and militarily the weakest by far. On November 11, 1918, when the fighting stopped, it was not only the richest country on earth but the mightiest.

With the mercurial, autocratic President Woodrow Wilson as a primary focus, G. J. Meyer takes readers from the heated deliberations over U.S. involvement, through the provocations and manipulations that drew us into the fight, to the battlefield itself and the shattering aftermath of the struggle. America’s entry into the Great War helped make possible the defeat of Germany that had eluded Britain, France, Russia, and Italy in three and a half years of horrendous carnage. Victory, in turn, led to a peace treaty so ill-conceived, so vindictive, that the world was put on the road to an even bloodier confrontation a mere twenty years later.

On the home front, Meyer recounts the break-up of traditional class structures, the rise of the progressive and labor movements, the wave of anti-German hysteria, and the explosive expansion of both the economy and federal power, including shocking suspensions of constitutional protections that planted the seeds of today’s national security state. Here also are revealing portraits of Theodore Roosevelt, Henry Cabot Lodge, Robert La Follette, Eugene Debs, and John J. “Black Jack” Pershing, among others, as well as European leaders such as “Welsh Wizard” David Lloyd George of Britain, “Tiger” Georges Clemenceau of France, and Kaiser Wilhelm II of Germany.

Meyer interweaves the many strands of his story into a gripping narrative that casts new light on one of the darkest, most forgotten corners of U.S. history. In the grand tradition of his earlier work A World Undone—which centered on the European perspective—The World Remade adds a new, uniquely American dimension to our understanding of the seminal conflict of the twentieth century.

Praise for The World Remade

“[G. J.] Meyer offers wonderful insights into many of the key players in this arresting saga . . . one that should be read to understand our emergence as a global power.”—Booklist (starred review)

“Meyer gives a good sense of America’s future at that negotiating table and Wilson’s celebrated role at Versailles as the leader of the free world. . . . A refreshing look at this still-much-debated world debacle.”—Kirkus Reviews

“Characters come alive and the past seems near. . . . Meyer succeeds brilliantly with his basic narrative approach, and any reader who wants to learn about American participation in the war will benefit from this book.”—Publishers Weekly

“This book is well written, sharp, and has bearing on our present and future involvement in wars. A+”—Seattle Book Review

“This lengthy revisionist history will fit well with American history and governmental studies departments in both public and academic libraries.”—Library Journal 

The World Remade: America in World War I G.J. Meyer
The World Remade: America in World War I free online iphone

Tags: free android audio selling djvu, fb2 sale tablet access online, offline get purchase mobile online, free txt, tpb free torrent, sale book, book online, online iBooks offline eng free, book RapidShare, book docs, read without register, get free, book french, kindle pdf book macbook mobile, format txt pdf, download from SaberCatHost pdf, get free, phone wiki free eReader book, sale book, eReader online, free epub, book german, francais ebook access online offline, free txt, no registration read macbook full sale, book from htc online, iBooks online how read via how to, Google Drive, book OneDrive, download book from sony xperia, download android, eReader itunes view windows download, mobile ebook, original book, book view, book book free from xiaomi

The World Remade: America in World War I book MediaFire
The World Remade: America in World War I book docs
The World Remade: America in World War I audio find store price download
The World Remade: America in World War I format eReader thepiratebay text online
The World Remade: America in World War I book online
The World Remade: America in World War I store book
The World Remade: America in World War I torrent download 1337x
The World Remade: America in World War I book MediaFire
The World Remade: America in World War I read online pdf free
The World Remade: America in World War I download from SaberCatHost pdf
The World Remade: America in World War I book DropBox
The World Remade: America in World War I book tablet
The World Remade: America in World War I full version original acquire book look
The World Remade: America in World War I thepiratebay torrent download
The World Remade: America in World War I book download fb2
The World Remade: America in World War I book Mega
The World Remade: America in World War I read without register
The World Remade: America in World War I free iphone
The World Remade: America in World War I kindle pdf book macbook mobile
The World Remade: America in World War I book from htc online
The World Remade: America in World War I book kindle
The World Remade: America in World War I book text online view format
The World Remade: America in World War I format txt pdf
The World Remade: America in World War I book google docs
The World Remade: America in World War I download android
The World Remade: America in World War I book book free from xiaomi
The World Remade: America in World War I book BitTorrent free
The World Remade: America in World War I book from lenovo free
The World Remade: America in World War I ebook free download
The World Remade: America in World War I fb2 sale tablet access online
The World Remade: America in World War I book kindle
The World Remade: America in World War I free android audio selling djvu
The World Remade: America in World War I book download fb2
The World Remade: America in World War I free online iphone
The World Remade: America in World War I book google docs
The World Remade: America in World War I torrent download 1337x
The World Remade: America in World War I format txt pdf
The World Remade: America in World War I book iCloud
The World Remade: America in World War I book from lenovo free
The World Remade: America in World War I book docs
The World Remade: America in World War I full version original acquire book look
The World Remade: America in World War I free download mobile pdf
The World Remade: America in World War I free ebook
The World Remade: America in World War I free ios apple without signing via
The World Remade: America in World War I Google Drive
The World Remade: America in World War I book SkyDrive
The World Remade: America in World War I free mobile
The World Remade: America in World War I download without account
The World Remade: America in World War I book read
The World Remade: America in World War I mobile ebook

48a4f088c3

ginsengC.C
Avatar: The Last Airbender--North and South Part TwoRise and Shine: The Path to LifeThe Forensic Records SocietyGraphic Novel NotebookHappy Birfday: Guest BookTe'ezâza Sanbat (Commandements du Sabbat): Accompagnè de Six Autres Écrits Pseudo-Épigraphiques Admis par les Falachas ou Juifs d'Abyssinie (Classic Reprint) (French EditionSpeer: Hitler's ArchitectThree Trees in Autumn: Monet cross stitch pattern Cross Stitch CollectiblesWinnowed Anthems for Quartet and Chorus Choirs, Vol. 1 (Classic Reprint)Serial Killers 2 in 1 Box Set: True Crime Stories of Murder, Homicide, Horror, and Evil

Publicité

MessagePosté le: Lun 3 Juil - 15:42 (2017)  

PublicitéSupprimer les publicités ?

Poster un nouveau sujet   Répondre au sujet    NFS Index du Forum -> La trésorerie -> Votre trésorier a aussi son bureau! Toutes les heures sont au format GMT + 1 Heure
Page 1 sur 1

Sauter vers:  

Index | Panneau d’administration | créer un forum | Forum gratuit d’entraide | Annuaire des forums gratuits | Signaler une violation | Conditions générales d'utilisation